<< Unconcious Mutterings, Week 228 | Main | Wolf's bloodwork >>
This and that...

Sunday: Had a great time with my brother and Dad for Father's Day. We took Dad up to Brown's for lobsters, steamers and a fisherman's platter. Yum! Dad racked up the presents: a new camera, three shirts and some shower gel so he'll smell good for those chicks at the Senior Center. Go, Dad! My brother also gave me an early birthday present, enough cash to either get a REALLY good massage or hire a gigolo for a couple hours. His instructions on the birthday card were too clear about that, altho they WERE clear on the type of guy I should as for (no, I'm NOT tell you what it said!)

Sunday evening: Not so good...Wolf had a seizure :-( Freaked me right the hell out, as you might imagine. It didn't last more than a minute and afterward he was a bit wobbly, but 10 minutes later he wanted to go for a walk and then eat. So today, he was off to the vet's. Had a complete physical and blood work and I should get the results tomorrow. The vet said that any number of things could cause a seizure and I told her this was the first one I'd ever seen him have. He seems to be feeling well now, so we'll see.

I didn't get to work til 1 or so, and of course, since I'm off Thursday and Friday, I had a TON of stuff to do. Made the day fly by, that's for sure. Met up with Megan after work so she could do some clothes shopping for Vegas and I found the coolest headbands and flip flops (a girl can never have too many flip flops, yanno!).

my new favorite headband

Megan stared at me appraisingly and said that she loves my new curly hair, and that it is "me". I feel like it is too, and maybe I can become more like myself than I have been these last few years.

More good news: my friend Diane invited me, along with another friend, Mo to dinner and a sleep over at her house Wednesday night, and we're all going to take a limo to the airport at the crack of dawn Thursday. Start the vacation off right, says I!

It's my birthday week, ya'll!

Comments

Comments

Have a great one! Massage, gigolo, Vegas, pirates in your hair - what more could a girl want?
The answer to that is - a healthy dog. Hope all is well with him. I bet he just wants to go to Vegas too.
Happy Birthday Janet, and to Percy too. Not to forget Mrs Jack. :)

Posted by Julie at June 19, 2007 12:17 AM

So sorry to hear about Wolf having a seizure. I hope it's nothing serious...in fact I hope it just neverEVER happens again.

Love that pic of your hair and barrette. Cute!

Hope you have a GREAT time in Vegas!!!

Posted by DebR at June 19, 2007 12:41 AM

I hope everything with Wolf turns out ok, how scary!! :(

Love the headband and I'll be seeing ya soon!

Posted by goofy girl at June 19, 2007 1:45 AM

Happy birthday! The hair looks great. I want a gigolo!!!

Posted by Shirley at June 19, 2007 4:06 AM

Headbands - check
flip flops - check
$$$$$ - check
curly hair - check
gigolo - check (hopefully)
Limo - check
Sleep over - check

Have a great time!!!!! Should be a blast!

crossing fingers for Wolf....

Posted by Laura at June 19, 2007 7:12 AM

Love the headband! Love the curls. Can't wait to see them in person. I hope Wolf is ok. Have fun with that birthday money. ;)

Posted by Lisa at June 19, 2007 7:26 AM

Hello, Michele sent me.

Love the headband (and the curls) but you can have too many flip flops if you're not careful. Take my wife and our recent camping trip. As I quickly and quetly set up our new tent for the first time, my wife blurts out "oh no!" Being the concerned husband, I asked what's wrong only to learn that she had brought mis-matched flip flops. Both black but distinctly different from each other. Blame it on pregnancy I guess.

Posted by archshrk at June 19, 2007 11:07 AM

You know, a good gigolo should be able to give a decent massage...

I'll keep Wolf in my thoughts. I hate it when they don't feel good and can't tell you about it!

Posted by Finn at June 19, 2007 11:44 AM

So glad wolf is okay!

We will have to go out for your bday when you get back. I'm avail the weekend after if you are!

You guys are going to have a blast :o)

Posted by krista at June 19, 2007 2:12 PM

That is good that Wolf is fine after the blood tests and all! Phew!

Your hair looks great! I love the curls and color and it looks really soft.

You are so styling! :)

Happy birthday week again!!! A limo.. ah how nice!

Posted by Sword Girl at June 19, 2007 8:41 PM

Happy! Birthday Week. Love the headband.

Posted by kerrianne at July 7, 2007 7:10 PM