<< Thursday Thirteen, #52 | Main | Stuff Portrait Friday >>
Friday Fill-In

If you would like to contribute a theme or some fill ins, email me at fondofsnapeATgmailDOTcom; please use Friday Fill-In as the subject in the email!

1. My ... means the world to me.
2. Books are ....
3. When I ..., it's because ....
4. If I want a snack, I usually reach for a ... .
5. The most recent movie I saw, ... made me .... I really ... it.

1. My friends and family means the world to me.
2. Books are amazing glimpses into sometimes strange, always interesting, imaginations.
3. When I yell at Wolf, it's because he's bugging me.
4. If I want a snack, I usually reach for a bag of chips or something else salty & crunchy.
5. The most recent movie I saw, Cold Mountain made me smile, tear up and nod in agreement. I really think that movie deserved all the accolades it got, I love it.

Re: Cold Mountain. I saw it for the first time back when it came out in 2003. I've been wanting to see it again, so Megan rented it last night and she, Jimbo and I watched it. I love the small part Jack White (from the White Stripes and the Raconteurs) plays in it...he looks a bit like Johnny Depp :-) And I also noticed that Cillian Murphy (damn he's adorable!) was in it...he was one of the three Yankee soldiers that came into the woman's yard looking for food; when one of his compatriots put the woman's baby on the ground, he was the only one to ask why. Renée Zellweger portrayed the character Ruby Thewes, and won an Oscar for it...very much deserved!

Ruby: [about her father] Oh, he's so full of manure, that man! We could lay him in the dirt and grow another one just like him.

Comments

Comments

1. My family and loved ones mean the world to me.
2. Books are ....better when they have LOTS of pictures!
3. When I get pissed off and "blow", it's because Ive been pushed TOO far.
4. If I want a snack, I usually reach for a loaf of italian bread with butter!... .
5. The most recent movie I saw, The Family Stone... made me cry.... I really it.

Posted by Laura at January 19, 2007 6:45 AM

oooooooooh good ones, #3 is rather pithy I must say. Mine are up.

Posted by ME at January 19, 2007 8:54 AM

1. My family means the world to me.
2. Books are my main source of relaxation.
3. When I blog, it's because I feel I have to get feelings out.
4. If I want a snack, I usually reach for a bag of chips and onion dip
5. The most recent movie I saw, Four Brothers made me sad. I really didn't know that there was so much violence around..

Posted by debby at January 19, 2007 9:36 AM

Where are your answers?

Posted by goofy girl at January 19, 2007 10:22 AM

1. My family means the world to me.
2. Books are essential to life.
3. When I cry, it's because someone else is hurting.
4. If I want a snack, I usually reach for a cup of fruit and a piece of cheese.
5. The most recent movie I saw, "Happy Feet" made me sleepy. I really didn't enjoy it.

Posted by Finn at January 19, 2007 10:28 AM

1. My relationship with my loved ones means the world to me.
2. Books are one of my favorite things. I hoard them.
3. When I go off alone, it's because my inner introvert needs time to recharge.
4. If I want a snack, I usually reach for a treat I probably shouldn't have.
5. The most recent movie I saw, Pan's Labyrinth, made me relive my childhood for a bit. I really was impressed by it.

Posted by rampantbicycle at January 19, 2007 10:50 AM

. My kids mean the world to me.
2. Books are my job! (I work at Borders.)
3. When I listen to music, it's because I can't live without it.
4. If I want a snack, I usually reach for a chocolate.
5. The most recent movie I saw, The Good Shephard made me fall asleep because it was so long! I really liked it otherwise!

Hey Janet, Michele sent me!

Posted by nat at January 19, 2007 11:17 AM

hey look at me! i managed to do these!

i loved Cold Mountain! it took me a while to get around to seeing it but i thought it was wonderful.

Posted by monique at January 19, 2007 11:23 AM

Hi,

Thanks for alerting me that my link didn't work at Michele's. I've fixed it now :-)

I haven't seen Cold Mountain but if it's as good as you say then I might have to add it to my list!

1. My partner means the world to me.
2. Books are experiences I might never have any other way.
3. When I go quiet, it's because I'm hurt.
4. If I want a snack, I usually reach for a chocolate bar.
5. The most recent movie I saw, 50 First Dates, made me smile, I really loved it.

Posted by Bob-kat at January 19, 2007 11:30 AM

I played over at my place :)

Posted by Gina at January 19, 2007 11:31 AM

!. My family (and friends are considered family) means the world to me.
2. Books are necessary. Very necessary.
3. When I do something silly, it's because I am so good at silly.
4. If I want a snack, I usually reach for a piece of fruit, which is proof I am silly.
5. The most recent movie I saw, An Ideal Husband, made me once again appreciate the words of Oscar Wilde. I really like his barbed and clever (w)it.

Sidenote: Oh, I also liked Cold Mountain. Have you read the book? It truly is wonderful.

Posted by Michele at January 19, 2007 11:39 AM

Posting it now!

Posted by Dyane at January 19, 2007 12:08 PM

1. My Kids mean the world to me.
2. Books are a present support in my life & an excellent escape when that life is not going well.
3. When I cry, it's because I'm angry & can't express it that way.
4. If I want a snack, I usually reach for a bag of cheese curls I'm afraid.
5. The most recent movie I saw, was well, none, I can't think of the last movie I saw, a Cold Case epsiode I watched last night made me cry though. I really Liked it.

Posted by Becky68 at January 19, 2007 1:06 PM

My answers are posted up at my blog.

Happy Weekend!

Posted by Cat. at January 19, 2007 3:15 PM

Answered on my blog. Thanks again.

Posted by Julie at January 19, 2007 7:26 PM

1. My hubby means the world to me.
2. Books are stacked on tables and shelves all over my house!
3. When I eat junk, it's because I'm bored.
4. If I want a snack, I usually reach for whatever's available but I try to keep it healthy ;~)
5. The most recent movie I saw, Talladega Nights made me pee my pants because I laughed so hard. I really enjoyed it!

Posted by deb at January 21, 2007 2:06 PM