<< Prelude | Main | What I've done since Sunday >>
Snape and Aphrodite

The potions master and the goddess of love...could there be a more perfect couple?

Well, ok, maybe so, but shhhhh...allow me my fantasy, would you? ;-)

Yesterday, Michelle and I, after enjoying a flight of martinis at Aquatini, ambled up the street. We were blinded a bit by the combination of delicious drinks and bright sunlight, so at first we only noticed an open door and big, plate glass windows. Then we looked beyond...and saw what appeared to be many, MANY bottles of scent! A parfumerie!!!

We giggled, looked at each other and said at the same time, "it's just what you've been looking for!" (me) and "oh heaven!" (Michelle)

We spent a glorious hour in there, sniffing this scent and that scent, reading about what scents were in the perfumes we liked and wach finally deciding on one that we liked. Michelle's was Aphrodite, an enticing combination of rose, ylang ylang, geranium and mimosa oils, all known to inspire euphoria, bliss and ardor, and create a warm glow of romance.

I chose two scents combined: Tunisian Opium (patchouli, black opium & jasmine) and Angel (a blend of chocolate, caramel, honey, vanilla, sandalwood and patchouli, accompanied by fruity notes of citrus, melons, peaches and plums) which reminded me of Snape because of a story I once read in which his favorite tea is Lapsang Souchong, a very smoky blend; this scent is smoky, as well. When asked what I wanted to call my creation, I looked at Michelle and simultaneously we said, "Snape!" The guy behind the counter laughed and said, finally, they're in agreement about something (the scents Michelle liked were not the scents I liked, and vice versa LOL).

Anyway, a day of being in a beach town, walking around, taking pictures, stopping for a martini, walking around, taking more pictures, buying a custom made perfume, walking around, taking more pictures, having lunch and another martini, walking around, taking pictures, driving to a second beach town, climbing a huge rock to get a picture of the sunset, and finally sticking my toes into the ocean is just about as perfect a day for me as can be!

Comments

Comments

It sounds yummy!!! (and the martinis too!)

Have a great 4th!!!

Shash

Posted by Shash at July 3, 2006 6:22 PM

you need to take me there! I love saying ylang ylang! Im weird! Sunday?!

Posted by krista at July 3, 2006 7:03 PM

I like that you named it Snape ;)

Posted by goofy girl at July 3, 2006 7:20 PM

I wanna hang out with you guys too!

Posted by kristine at July 3, 2006 8:11 PM

That's AWESOME. I've never even known you can get custum perfumes - that's so cool. I'm sure I'd have trouble deciding!

Posted by Zoot at July 3, 2006 9:17 PM

Maybe I've had too many C**r's Light tonight,,,Where were you now? A cigar bar? A tea shop? Huh?

Posted by T at July 3, 2006 11:20 PM

Oh man, from the description of both your choices, the Aphrodite....no wait, the Opium, oh dang I can't make up my mind! Ya, ya---the Aphrodite. Or maybe the Opium, definitely the Opium. Both?!!! That's a good idea. Both.

Sounds like lots of fun.

PS- Just comin' around to let you know I did the 'remote' game if you'd like to come over and click a few of my buttons!!!

Posted by Wystful1 at July 4, 2006 6:24 AM

Hey you. I'm almost done with a Snape/Elise episode, but work has been so intense I need more time.

Also, I'm working on a second just for you.

I love the description of the perfume. And the name of course :)

Oh, and, please consider sponsoring me in this year's blogathon? I'm blogging on behalf of First Book.

Posted by MissMeliss at July 4, 2006 11:57 PM

Well, it sounds like a perfectly wonderful way to spend a day. I love going into places that sell perfume as they always smell lovely. Wish I could get my house to smell as good.

Posted by Carl V. at July 5, 2006 12:05 PM

That does sound perfect! What a combination of yummy scents you chose - very unique! I could definitely see you and Snape as an pair. :)

Posted by Ocean at July 25, 2006 10:41 AM